Here is a great list of important Facebook stats. If you’re going to incorporate Facebook into your social media marketing strategy, you need to have an understanding of the Facebook user.
Here is a terrific breakdown of user activity.
As you can see, the average Facebook user’s activity is limited when it comes to pages, events, and groups. If you’re trying to engage in targets to attend an event or join your Page / Group…you better have a good pitch.
Create a compelling reason to join your page. Really focus on language that creates the value of your event.
Average Facebook User Stats
- Average user has 130 friends on the site
- Average user sends 8 friend requests per month
- Average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
- Average user clicks the Like button on 9 pieces of content each month
- The average user writes 25 comments on Facebook content each month
- Average user becomes a fan of 4 Pages each month
- The average user is invited to 3 events per month
- The average user is a member of 13 groups
Facebook User Totals
- More than 400 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- More than 35 million users update their status each day
- More than 60 million status updates posted each day
- More than 3 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
- More than 5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each week
- More than 3.5 million events created each month
- More than 3 million active Pages on Facebook
- More than 1.5 million local businesses have active Pages on Facebook
- More than 20 million people become fans of Pages each day
- Pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans
Facebook Mobile Statistics
- There are more than 100 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice more active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
- There are more than 200 mobile operators in 60 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products