How To Add Foursquare Checkins To Your Facebook Page
As Foursquare, the mobile location based social app becomes more popular to users, businesses are going to benefit from using it for marketing purposes. As I explained in a previous post, 7 Quick Steps To Foursquare Marketing…a good practice is to check in to your own business to build awareness to your networks.
Note: If you’re a business where customers come to you such as a bar/restaurant/etc you don’t need to self-check in
Foursquare does not currently have an option to check in to a Facebook Page, only a profile. So I had to get a bit creative to pull this off.
Here’s How To Post Foursquare Check-In’s To Your Facebook Page
- Install the Selective Twitter Status App
- Sync Your Foursquare & Twitter Accounts
- Use #fb hashtag on your Foursquare Check ins
Step 1: Install Selective Twitter Status App On Facebook
- Log into your Facebook account
- Go to the Selective Twitter Status app
- If you’re taken to their Page select “Go To Application” (top left under logo)
- (default page should be “Your Profile”) Add your Twitter handle and hit “Save”
- Go to the “Your Fan Pages” tab
- Add your Twitter handle to the choosen Facebook pages
- Select “Grant Permission“
- An “Allow Setting” tab will pop up…click on the pages you want added.
- Select “Allow Publishing” button
- Now you should see a “Yes” next to your pages
- Select “Save Changes“
And you’re all set!!! That’s It. Your Facebook Page or Pages is set to recieve updates from Twitter. So now any tweet you send with a #fb hashtag will show up as a post to your selected Facebook Page.
Step 2: Sync Your Foursqaure Account To Update Twitter
- Login to Foursquare
- Go to the “Settings” page
- Scroll down to “Linked Accounts“
- Add your Twitter Handle
Step 3: Foursquare Check-in With #fb Shout
- When ever you check-in to Foursquare select “Tap to add a shout!“
- If you want them to show up on your Facebook Page, include “#fb” hashtag to your shout.
Now, whenever your Foursquare check-in is posted to Twitter…your Facebook Page will recognize the #fb hashtage and auto post to your selected Pages. There will be a slight delay in updates, but this is the easiest way to update your Foursquare Check Ins to your Facebook Page.
BOOM! Done-zo…that’s it.
You’ve now successfully pimped your Facebook Page to add Foursquare Check-ins.